Monday, August 19, 2013

A Language-Rich Classroom for a Brand New Year!

Hello! A new school year has begun and I am working on making my classroom language-rich for my ESOL students. One thing I like to do is label my classroom. This is a great way to help English language learners build vocabulary and become familiar with their classroom environment. I created colorful labels that include a visual to go with each vocabulary word. Instead of putting the labels up myself, I made an activity out of it and had my students put them up around the room. The students learned new words, found out where things were in the classroom, and had a chance to move around the room and interact with one another. In one simple activity, they worked on building vocabulary and reading, listening, and speaking skills. Here is an example of the labels. Click here to see more classroom labels at my TpT store.





No comments:

Post a Comment